CASTEL GANDOLFO POPE'S SUMMER RESIDENCE BY TRAIN FROM ROMEViale Vaticano snc, 00165
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Reserved Entrance
CASTEL GANDOLFO POPE'S SUMMER RESIDENCE BY TRAIN FROM ROME
See the Vatican before it opens, then get the train to Castel Gandolfo. This exclusive tour is undoubtedly the best way to make the most of the Vatican. From early morning (before opening time) access to the Vatican Museums, all the way through to touring the once-private stunning Gardens of the Pontifical Villas in Castel Gandolfo. This is a very special (and limited) opportunity.
Start your special Saturday with a semi-private early morning visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, followed by an audio-guided walking tour of the Vatican Gardens.
Afterward, you will depart from the Vatican Train Station and take a train ride through the Italian countryside to Castel Gandolfo, a lakeside town that looks right out of a fairy-tale. It's also where the Pope's summer residence is.
Then hop on a shuttle to the Pontifical Villas. If you were impressed with the size of the Vatican Gardens, wait until you see the Pope's summer house. You will get an audio-guided bus tour of the gardens.
The rest of the day you will have free time to walk, eat or shop in Castel Gandolfo.
10% discount to visit the Pope's Summer Residence palace.
At the end of the day, you'll get a train back to Rome, where it will all begin to feel like a dream.
8:00 Special skip the line entry and open visit – with a special multilingual audioguide – to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
10:00 Transfer on foot through the Vatican Gardens with special multilingual audioguide and departure from the Vatican City railway station, by special electric train, destined for the Pontifical Villas. Transfer, by reserved shuttle bus, from Castel Gandolfo to the Pontifical Villas.
12:30 Tour of the Barberini Garden (Pontifical Villa Barberini) by ecological vehicle, with special multilingual audio guide.
13:30 End of tour and exit from the Pontifical Villas.
17:10 Transfer, by reserved shuttle bus, from the Pontifical Villas to the Castel Gandolfo station.
17:24 Return trip, departure from the Castel Gandolfo railway station, by special electric train destined for Roma San Pietro station.
Meeting point: Viale Vaticano snc, 00165
- See the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel - before they open to the public!
- Visit Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens and Castel Gandolfo, three of the most storied and religious places in the world - in one day!
- Get an audio guide for Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens and Pontifical Villa Gardens!
- See the Papal Summer Residence in Castel Gandolfo which has been open to the public since 2014!
- Skip the line entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Visit to the Vatican Gardens with an audio guide
- Roundtrip by train from the Vatican to Castel Gandolfo and back
- Tour of the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas by eco-friendly transport
- Audio guide for the Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens and Pontifical Villa Gardens
- Food and Drinks
- Entrance to the Palazzo Apostolico
- Pick Up Service from the Hotel
- Guided tour
know before you go:
- Please observe the strict Vatican dress code: shoulders and knees must be covered to enter in Sistine Chapel
- Please bring a valid ID for children. Children under the age of 6 are free.
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- FFP2 Masks are required, please bring your own
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present a Reinforced Green Pass that is valid in the EU and has a verifiable QR code. Reinforced Green Passes can only be obtained by proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months.
- All participants must also bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited