Pompei on your ownRome Tiburtina Bus Station - Largo Guido Mazzoni 00162
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Training shoes
- Skip the line
Pompei on your own
Enjoy an air-conditioned coach ride with free WiFi from Rome to one of history's most fascinating sites. Once you arrive, you'll get skip-the-line access to this fascinating ancient city preserved by the lava from Mt. Vesuvius.
A day ticket allowing you to explore Pompeii at your own leisure, without the pressures of having to keep up with a group.
After being greeted by a representative in Rome, you will travel south in comfort by bus Pompeii. After arriving you will be greeted and directed to the entrance point in front of of the Archaeological area. Here you will be fully assisted by the staff to collect your audio guide, water, map and skip-the-line ticket. From here you will be able to walk among the cobblestone streets where Pompeian villagers and aristocrats alike once went about their daily activities. You can explore their homes, including recently opened residences of the ancient elite, and marvel at the brightly painted frescoes and marvelous mosaics. Imagine being able to go back in time and explore a city in the Roman empire; this is what this day trip offers. From the streets to the buildings to the everyday household objects - Pompeii is a glimpse into what life was really like almost 2,000 years ago. The preservation of Pompeii has also given the world a remarkable record of Roman paintings. Without Pompeii there would be virtually no record of the Roman art style. The site is massive (64 hectares), and full of everything that made up a Roman city. Of course Pompeii has an amphitheater - which could seat around 20,000 people. Plus the villas of the rich, the more modest houses of the peasants - and even the brothels and bars at the edge of the city. If you're interested in ancient Roman religion, make sure to visit the Temple of Apollo. Set on a high podium with imposing steps, columns and a white marble altar it may inspire you to pay tribute to the sun, which will in all likelihood be beating down as you comb the city.
Meeting Point: Rome Tiburtina Bus Station - Largo Guido Mazzoni 00162
- Choose your personal time to go to Pompeii
- Relax in a fully air conditioned bus with lavatories and Wi-Fi
- Avoid the long queue using your skip the line ticket
- Explore the ruins over the course of a full day at your own pace
- Roundtrip to Pompeii
- Free WiFi on the bus
- Skip-the-line access to Pompeii
- Audio guide for the archaeological area (English, German, French, Spanish)
- Assistance at the bus stops from Touristation staff
- Transfer from Pompeii bus station to the archaeological area (Pompeii)
- Pick Up from Your Hotel
- Guided tour
- Food and Drinks
Departure from Tiburtina to Pompeii: 08:00am.
Departure from Pompeii to Tiburtina at 3:20pm.
Know before you go: Comfortable shoes and light clothes in summer are recommended.
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited