Capitoline Museums Experience with Colosseum Guided TourPiazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
- Free wifi
- Tour guide
Capitoline Museums Experience with Colosseum Guided Tour
Explore the Colosseum as your guide shares its history with your group. See the arena floor from the stands and imagine the battle scenes with gladiators and wild animals below.
Walk along the Via Sacra (Sacred Road). The main path through the Roman Forum, the Sacred Road once sparkled with festivals and triumphal processions. Head to the Temple, which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated. Visitors from around the world still leave flowers and candles at the site to this day.
Your professional guide will tell you how the construction on Capitoline Hill began, and how Michelangelo was commissioned by Pope Paul III to design the square. The first square of modern Rome was created by the genius of Michelangelo, rising on the Capitoline Hill, on the site of an old village and the place dedicated to numerous temples to the Roman deities. The guide will take you through ancient roman history and empire.
In 1734 Pope Clementine XII decided to make a significant collection of artworks and ancient sculptures permanently accessible to the people of Rome. With this magnanimous act, he created the world's first museum - it's on top of one of the Seven Hills of Rome, overlooking the Ancient Roman Forum. It's a melting pot of history.
Admire on your own the fascinating collection of art and artefacts all telling the fascinating history of Rome. See the famous she-wolf sculpture featuring Rome's founders Romulus and Remus, and see a treasure chest of items telling the story of Rome, the ancient Caput Mundi. Admire paintings by Caravaggio and other masters.
Meeting Point: TOURISTATION PIAZZA VENEZIA: Piazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
(Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right hand side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office).
• See a treasure trove of items relating to the history of Rome itself
• Enjoy the central piazza that sits between the museum buildings, stroll its long, elegant lines and appreciate the architecture of Michelangelo overlooking the Roman Forum
• View the historic sculpture of the she-wolf of Rome suckling Romulus and Remus, which tells the foundation myth of the Eternal City
• 25 minute multimedia video
- Guided tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Reserved Entrance Ticket for the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Roman Empire Museum Admission Ticket with reservation
- Access to temporary exhibition (if available)
- 25 minute Ancient Rome Multimedia Video: before you visit, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in ancient Roman times
- Professional Guide for Colosseum archeological area
- Food and Drinks
- Pick up Service
- Roman Empire Museum Guided Tour
Duration: about 4 hours
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Chirurgical Masks are required, please bring your own
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited