Ancient Underground Roman Domus with multimedia experiencePiazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
- Free wifi
- Training shoes
- Skip the line
Ancient Underground Roman Domus with multimedia experience
Did you know that it was possible to visit the fascinating remains of the patrician "Domus" of imperial Rome?
Enjoy a virtual tour, just underground Palazzo Valentini. Thanks to virtual reconstructions you will feel like you are in the time of the Roman Empire.
You will also have the opportunity to observe how the area of Trajan's Column looked at the time. A virtual reconstruction of the column gives you a close up look at the bas-reliefs and the story they tell of Trajan’s military campaign: the conquest of Dacia, present day Romania. It's a great evidence of the past to add to Rome rich historical and artistical heritage. A unique and magnificent example of how the artistic heritage of antiquity, regenerated by careful restoration, can be enhanced with the use of new technologies.
Meeting Point: TOURISTATION PIAZZA VENEZIA: Piazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
(Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right hand side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office).
- Immerse yourself in the Roman Imperial Age history
- Enjoy a virtual tour with reconstructions, lights, graphics and video
- Admire unique mosaics, decorated walls and polychrome floors
- Explore the Ancient ruins of Roman Domus
- Listen the Piero Angela's narration
- Admission ticket to Ancient Roman Domus museum
- Virtual Experience
- Hosted Entrance
- City APP Audioguide downloadable on your smartphone: it is a multi-language city-mapping and self-guided sightseeing experience, with audio commentary and stories from local experts.
- Assistance at the meeting point
- 25 minute Ancient Rome Multimedia Video
- Food and Drinks
- Pick Up
- Guided tour
Departure time: 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM.
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited