St. Peter's Prison Hosted Entry Ticket + Video GuidePiazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Training shoes
- Skip the line
St. Peter's Prison Hosted Entry Ticket + Video Guide
Jump back in time in the creepy innards of the Mamertine Prison and uncover the history of this spooky space. Skip the line and learn about the doings of Saint Peter and uncover the fate of shunned Roman emperors and kings, along with a special video guide accompaniment.
There was just no holding him back. Rather than be lowered into a cell through the ceiling like Peter and the shunned emperors and kings who also endured this gloomy place, you'll skip the line thanks to the hosted entry and take the stairs.
Enjoy an educational video guide on the history of this fascinating part of Via dei Fori Imperiali, which is also the oldest prison in Rome!
Meeting Point: TOURISTATION PIAZZA VENEZIA: Piazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
(Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right hand side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office).
- Visit Rome's oldest prison in the evocative Via dei Fori Imperiali and walk in the footsteps of shunned emperors and kings
- Learn about the miraculous actions of St. Peter, who was once a prisoner at Mamertine
- Discover the fascinating history of the prison with a special video guide
- 25 minute multimedia video before your visit
Video guide (about 45min) with tablet
City App: at any TOURISTATION point download your own city map and audio guide (available in 6 languages). The audio guide will draw your attention to the most important aspects and explain the remarkable history of this eternal city
25 minute Ancient Rome Multimedia Video: before your visit, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in ancient Roman times.
- Guided tour of the Carcer Tullianum
- Food and Drinks
- Pick up Service
Duration: About 1h 30 minutes.
Every day at the following slot : 10:00 - 11:00 - 12:00 - 13:00 - 14:00
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited