Pope's Summer Residence at Castel GandolfoPiazza della Libertà (Castel Gandolfo)
- Audio Guide
- Training shoes
- Reserved Entrance
Pope's Summer Residence at Castel Gandolfo
The Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo are increasingly accessible to visitors. Following the opening to the public of the Barberini Garden and the inauguration, within the Apostolic Palace, of the Museums of the Gallery of the Portraits of the Pontiffs, now the most private and reserved areas of the papal residence can also be admired and enjoyed by pilgrims and tourists. Many of the exclusive places in the Papal Apartment will be revealed to visitors: from the bedchamber to the private chapel, from the library to the study, along a rich exhibition itinerary conceived, arranged and managed by the Vatican Museums.
Meeting Point: Report at the entrance of the Apostolic palace (Piazza della Libertà) with your mobile voucher
- Visit the fairy-tale villa where popes have come to escape the hustle and bustle of the Vatican since the 17th century
- Listen to the audio guide to learn delightfully peculiar stories about the many popes who used the villas as their sanctum
- Admission and visit to the Apostolic Palace
- Audioguide Italian, English, Spanish, German, French, Russian
- Guided tour
- Transportation to Castel Gandolfo
- Food and drinks
- Smartphone tickets accepted
- Take the train from Roma Termini Station to Albano, get off at Castel Gandolfo.
- Everyday at 09.00 / 10.00 / 11.00 / 12.00 / 13.00
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.