St. Peter's Basilica Guided TourPiazza San Pietro - VOX MUNDI DESK
St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
Enjoy Saint Peter's Basilica with a guide, one of Rome's most important religious buildings!
Explore one of Rome's most famed and magnificent sites!
See Michelangelo's Pietà and the Bernini masterpieces.
The Renaissance-style St. Peter's Basilica is one of the largest churches in the world. Over its 120-year-long construction many top architects (including Michelangelo and Raphael) added personal flourishes. Michelangelo, for instance, added the dome - to this day the biggest in the world!
At the heart of the basilica, beneath the high altar, you will discover the Confessio, or Chapel of the Confession, named for the confession of faith by St. Peter, which lead to his martyrdom. Two curving marble staircases lead to this underground chapel at the level of the Constantinian church and immediately above the burial place of Saint Peter.
You will see that the entire interior of St. Peter's is lavishly decorated with marble, reliefs, architectural sculpture, and gilding. It's luxurious and elegant. Highlights of a visit here include Bernini's Baldacchino (the centerpiece of the church) and Michelangelo's Pietà (the only artwork he ever signed).
Come and enjoy the Queen of all of the Basilicas!
Meeting Point: VOX MUNDI DESK
(Right hand side under the columns at the vox Mundi desk in the main hall before entering into the Basilica)
- Marvel at art and architectural features by Bernini and Michelangelo
- See the most important church of the Catholic faith
- Enjoy a guided tour of of St. Peter's Basilica
- Admire the luxurious elegance of Basilica's interior
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Guided Tour
- Official Vatican Guide
- Food and Drinks
- Pick up Service
- St. Peter's Dome
- Access to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
Languages: English, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
Know before you go:
• Please observe the strict dress code for the Basilica: shoulders and knees must be covered.
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- FFP2 Masks are required, please bring your own
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present a Reinforced Green Pass that is valid in the EU and has a verifiable QR code. Reinforced Green Passes can only be obtained by proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months.
- All participants must also bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited