Vatican Gardens: Open Bus Tour with AudioGuideViale Vaticano, 97 (50mt away from the Vatican Museum entrance)
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Reserved Entrance
Vatican Gardens: Open Bus Tour with AudioGuide
A tour of the Vatican Garden is unique, as it takes the visitor through 2000 years of history. Besides the natural beauty of the gardens, the Vatican City is rich in monuments and precious works of art.
Take a 45-minute bus ride of this exclusive landscaped area - designed by great Renaissance architect Carlo Maderno - and soak up the splendor. You may even catch a glimpse of Pope Francis himself as he wanders his enormous backyard.
Originally built in the 13th century - the Vatican Gardens are nearly 23 hectares of flower fields, sculptures, fountains, and even some medieval buildings.
Legend has it that when the Vatican Gardens were first built, they were covered with sacred soil from Mount Calvary - where Jesus was crucified. In the past these wonderful gardens (and lawn and orchard) were only available to those with power and influence. But with this ticket you can count yourself among that privileged group.
Filled with fountains, sculptures and shady trees, this is the place Pope Francis strolls when he needs a little 'me' time. Enjoy the beauty of the worlds’ smallest state, rich in works of art and natural wonders!
Meeting Point: Viale Vaticano, 97 (50mt away from the Vatican Museums entrance)
- Enjoy the Vatican Gardens with an audio guide!
- Explore the beautiful Vatican Gardens by open bus!
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Vatican gardens tour by open bus
- Audio guide available in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese
- Free Wi-fi at the meeting point
- Food and Drinks
- Pick Up Service from the Hotel
This tour is not accessible to children below the age of 6.
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- FFP2 Masks are required, please bring your own
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present a Reinforced Green Pass that is valid in the EU and has a verifiable QR code. Reinforced Green Passes can only be obtained by proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months.
- All participants must also bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited