Pompei skip the line admission ticket + audio guidePiazza di Porta Marina Inferiore, 11
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Training shoes
- Reserved Entrance
Pompei skip the line admission ticket + audio guide
Explore one of the world’s best-preserved archaeological sites.
You will walk around the ruins of houses, fountains, statues, frescoes and one very impressive amphitheater. See the artefacts, artworks, buildings, and even people that were frozen in time and buried beneath a tsunami of superheated ash.
When Vesuvius erupted with the force of 100,000 atom bombs, life in Pompeii perished in an instant. Ironically, the blanket of superheated ash combined with the lack of moisture to preserve much of the city for thousands of years. So what you see today lends an extraordinary window into life in Roman times. Details of everyday life abound. On the floor of one of the houses (Sirico’s) you can read a famous inscription, Salve lucru (“Welcome, profit”) and it indicates a trading company owned by Sirico himself.
You can inspect wine jars labeled Vesuvinum – a play on both Vesuvius and the Latin for wine, vinum. This is quite possibly the world’s first-known marketing pun! With over 50 hectares to explore, you can walk around the Forum with Vesuvius in the background, or sit under a tree and marvel at the spectacular amphitheater. There are remnants of the all-important aqueduct, street fountains, public baths, private houses, businesses, statues, frescoes, as well as hundreds of haunting plaster casts of lava-fried locals!
Meeting Point: Touristation / IBT Pompei Office - Piazza di Porta Marina Inferiore, 11
- Enjoy one of the world’s most important and spectacular UNESCO cultural heritage site
- Explore the ancient ruins of a city destroyed by Mount Vesuvius violent eruption 2,000 years ago
- See the remnants of artefacts, artworks, buildings, and even people that were frozen in time and buried beneath a tsunami of superheated ash
- Avoid the long queues with the skip-the-line ticket
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Admission ticket to the archeological area
- Audio guide available in 8 languages (English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Portoguese, Russian and Chinese)
- Free Wi-fi
What's not included:
- Food and Drinks
- Pick Up Service
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited