Navona underground full experiencePiazza Navona, 25
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Training shoes
- Reserved Entrance
Navona underground full experience
Immerse yourself in the story of the Olympic Stadium of the Roman Empire. Discover what lies beneath Piazza Navona in central Rome with your audio guide available in 7 different languages. This is a very exclusive tour with only a very limited number of visitors per day.
Report at the Navona Square TOURISTATION office to redeem your voucher and immerse yourself in the story of the Olympic Stadium of the Roman Empire. The hosted entry tour starts with the visit of the NEW EXCLUSIVE OPENING venue: ancient spectators stands. Descend 5 meters below street level to explore the former circus in all its dimensions, and get details about the travertine blocks, brickwork and marble columns of the main entrances.
Then when you want you can visit the Stadium of Domitian. The Stadium of Domitian is hidden beneath Piazza Navona like some sort of buried treasure. With your Priority Entrance ticket you'll get to explore this subterranean space along with an audio guide. This is one for sports fans and history buffs. Learn about the development of the site into the current piazza and the evolution of ancient Roman sports. Hear how up to 30.000 spectators were divided at the arena. See artefacts from the days of the Roman Empire found during archaeological excavations, including fragments of sculptures and a torso made from Pentelic marble from the quarries of Penteli north of Athens.
This unique UNESCO World Heritage Site was Rome's first permanent venue for gladiator games and competitive athletics. It's well worth your time to escape the chaos and crowds and see some stadium's ruins. Travel back in time and look at a selection of unpublished photographs, 3D reconstructions, videos and informative panels that tell the story of the Stadium of Domitian.
Meeting Point: TOURISTATION NAVONA Piazza Navona, 25
- Exclusive tour with only a very limited number of visitors
- Learn more about the only stadium in Ancient Rome to be built out of masonry
- See artifacts from the days of the Roman Empire
- Find out what lies beneath the streets of Rome
- City App Audioguide
- Free Wi-fi at the meeting point
- Hosted entry
- 2 admission tickets to the Underground archaeological sites
- Audioguide in 7 languages (English, Italalian, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Portuguese)
- City App Audioguide: at any TOURISTATION point download your own city map and audio guide (available in 6 languages). The audio guide will draw your attention to the most important aspects and explain the remarkable history of this eternal city.
What's not included:
- Guided Tour
- Pick up
(The time selected is for your hosted entry to visit the ancient spectators stands)
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Chirurgical Masks are required, please bring your own
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited