St. John's Basilica + Cloister Admission ticket + audioguidePiazza d'Ara Coeli, 16
- Free wifi
- Audio Guide
- Reserved Entrance
St. John's Basilica + Cloister Admission ticket + audioguide
The aura and architecture of St. John Lateran will both amaze and compel.
It’s the oldest basilica in Christendom and dates to the 300s. It was lovingly and grandly restored in the 1700s and has the honor of being the Pope’s cathedral. This combination of religious significance and visual beauty makes it a favorite of visitors to Rome.
You’ll know you’re entering one of the world’s great basilicas by the exterior. Larger-than-life marble statues of Jesus and various saints stand imperiously on the roof of the imposing neo-Classical facade.
Meeting Point: TOURISTATION PIAZZA VENEZIA: Piazza D'Ara Coeli, 16
(Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right hand side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office).
- The building was restored in the 1700s and is stunningly decorated in various styles. There are massive mosaics depicting biblical scene, larger-than-life marble statues, a gothic altar and Renaissance artwork
- The Holy Door is opened by the Pope every 25 years, so you’ll probably have to enter through the central bronze door which once stood in the Senate hall in the Roman Forum
- The basilica is home to relics from various ages – from the Renaissance through to Ancient Rome and even all the way back to Egyptian pharaohs
- Audio guide in multiple languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish, German)
- Access to the Cloister
- City App: at any TOURISTATION point download your own city map and audio guide (available in 6 languages). The audio guide will draw your attention to the most important aspects and explain the remarkable history of this eternal city
- 25 minute Ancient Rome multimedia video
- Guided tour
- Food and drinks
- Pick up
- St. John Lateran Basilica: open every days from 7:00 am every 6:30 pm
- Cloister: available every days from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm (last entry at 4.30 pm)
Duration: 2 hours
COVID-19: IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.